Public Works & Utilities

A primary responsibility of the Town’s Public Works Department is maintenance of the Town’s 23 miles streets. Maintenance includes patching and crack sealing, snow plowing, sweeping and signage. The Department also maintains the Town’s parks, the fishing pond, the veterans memorial, Town Hall grounds and other Town-owned properties.

Public Works staff provides utility location services in response to “811” requests. They also do general maintenance on town buildings and equipment.

Water Quality & TTHMs 

On January 25, 2022 we were notified by the state of a Water Quality Violation due to sampling tests resulting in higher than allowed Trihalomethanes or TTHMs. We notified the public and mailed a letter on February 18, 2022 to the residents as required by the state.  On May 10, 2022, we received another violation notice and mailed the state-required letters out, which residents have recently received.  The problem we are currently correcting is at the end of our water line in the industrial park north of Hwy 52 and west of CR 49. 

In order to immediately correct the issue, we are currently flushing the water through fire hydrants more frequently and are utilizing an automatic flushing system.  In addition, we are allowing bulk water usage for non-potable construction water in addition to flushing. Flushing is a short-term solution.  After meeting with our operator and engineers, we are doing more sampling and baseline setting, then we will know which one of our options we can implement as well as the associated costs to correct this problem in the long term.  We are also working with the state to ensure our strategy is acceptable, so that we will pass subsequent tests.  Please send any questions to or call Town Hall at 303-536-9311.


A right of way use/access permit application may be obtained from our Permits and Licenses page. Once an Applicant meets the requirements of the Town’s Standards and the Right of Way Use/Access Application has been reviewed and approved by the Town, a permit may be issued.  Trenching, utility work, road work, driveway cuts, culvert installation, boring, or any other work within the right of way requires a permit prior to start of work and may also require a Traffic Control Plan, bonding and insurance.  

Average processing time is 2 business days, so please plan ahead and submit accordingly.  The applicant is required to pay all permit fees prior to permit issuance.  



Underground utilities can present safety hazards and the potential for service disruption for anyone digging holes. Even when digging holes for tree planting, fence posts, or other small jobs, it is very important to call for utility locates. When you call 811, all utility providers are notified and visit your site to mark locations of their underground facilities, if any. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE, and it helps prevent injury and liability.

Be safe. Call 811 at least a few days before you start any digging project. Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hiring a professional, smart digging means calling 811 before each job.


Water Quality & TTHMs

Public Works

Clean Up Days

Clean Up Days take place annually in the Spring and Fall. The next clean up day will be fall of 2022.

Shred Day takes place once a year in the fall or winter. The next Shred Day will be in 2022.